PORT CAPTAIN SERVICES | CARGO SURVEYS
Port Captain Rotterdam
Maiden Marine Surveys (MMS) provides Port Captain Services and Cargo Surveys being on guard of the customers’ interests, saving their time and money. MMS offers supervision of the proper cargo stowage, separation and lashing. This kind of marine superintendent services guarantees safe cargo operations as well as ensures safe navigation and delivery of cargo to the port of destination.
Onboard the vessel Port Captain and Cargo Survey Professional surveyor is able to perform a number of marine surveying services. If necessary, marine surveying services reports, supplied with detailed comments, advice and imagery can be issued on a daily basis to reflect the real state of matters on board the ship.
- Pre-loading inspection of
- cargo-holds/cargo-tanksCargo loading/unloading operations
- Vetting & guidance on the vessel’s stowage and stability plans
- Inspection of vessel cargo-related equipment
- Technical advice on cargo-related issues
A full supercargo services report contains the following documents:
- final cargo plan;
- stowage plan with photos of loaded cargo per holds;
- hatch list with separation of the cargo per lots;
- recommendations as to speed up of process in the port of discharge.
Cargoes Damage Surveyor
Our Port Captain Services and Cargo Surveys Service is an economical service that providing a crucial link between the vessel operation and your vessel operator. The information is available almost instantly, allowing you to change procedures during operation. Daily reports and photos with competent comments and advice will show you a real-time situation on board the ship. Having an on-scene representative to coordinate and supervise your vessels in port operations will greatly improve performance, reliability and translate into overall savings. The primary duties and responsibilities of our Port Captain are to protect our clients´ interests, avoiding against extra expenses, but assist in assuring safe, positive, expeditious results.
The use of ultrasonic testing equipment has other benefits, including the following.
- Ultrasonic testing is a reliable and non-destructive testing method, which gives an indication of the compression status of the sealing system.
- Ultrasonic testing allows easy detection with pinpoint accuracy of damaged areas or areas where lack of compression exists. This significantly reduces the time needed to identify potential leaks.
- Once the correct location of the leak is known, the correct repair method can be determined and, as small and local damages can easily be identified; unnecessary extensive repairs can be avoided. Repeated testing can be used to check the effectiveness of the repairs.
- Ultrasonic testing is a ‘dry’ testing method without the risk of damaging water sensitive cargo or causing pollution of the dock, river or sea water.
- Ultrasonic testing is a quick and easy means of testing, and no assistance from the ship’s crew is required other than for supervision and safety.
- There is the possibility to produce a download of test results, which provides ship operators with a detailed test report.
- Ultrasonic testing equipment can be used in loaded or empty holds, which in certain cases allows repairs to covers during loading and checking of repairs during or after the loading period, but prior to going to sea.
For ordering an Ultrasonic Hatch cover tightness test, please contact us with vessel details.